Friday, April 5, 2013

Bruises, scrapes and floor burns are bragging rights

Welcome to my blog about my life as a Wesmen Athlete. This is my first post and I am new at the whole blogging thing so wish me luck!

In our last practice we had to learn how to hit the floor properly for a ball. Lets just say I think we all will be sore tomorrow! Diving sounds simple, and for most players in the moment is just a reflex, but, diving properly, and getting back up and into the play in the appropriate time is a lot more difficult than it sounds. Our coach showed us how to roll out of the dive and get back up in a second but the roll is very difficult and hard on the body. While we were practicing our diving attempts you could hear the screeching of the sweaty skin scraping across the floor, ripping off skin, and giving us all beautiful floor burns and bruises. I have a few impressive ones myself.


This is a properly excuted dive.

No comments:

Post a Comment